We are a non-profit educational training organization serving Polk County, FL.
We provide various certification trainings as well as free non-certification trainings.
Citizen CPR’s History
- 1985 Began teaching CPR in greater Lakeland, FL.
- 1988 Funded by Polk County Commissioners to expand services throughout Polk County, FL.
- 2002 Began teaching Automated External Defibrillation (AED) training to non-healthcare courses.
- 2011 Started offering Hands Only CPR (Check, Call, Compress) classes to community.
- 2012 Initiated “Hands Only in Our Schools”.
- 2015 Citizen CPR celebrates 30 years!
2015 Board of Directors:
Front row:Patti Rubin, Jenny Blank, RN, Diane Gibbs (Secretary), Sharon Paul, Jeff Preston.
Second row:Benny Luke, Linda Pilkington, Harvey Craven (Chairman), Maureen Leckie, RN, Thomas Conger, Linda May, DDS, Susan Barham (Executive Director), Katy Dumont (Vice-Chairman), Jim Kruse, CPA (Treasurer), Dr. Rico Rich, MD.
Not pictured: Maryemma Bachelder, Cauney Bamberg and Barbara Manley.